|Greg Howes is an author, genealogist and
poet based in Carmarthenshire, South West Wales, UK. Greg has lived in
Carmarthenshire for the last twenty-five years, though he originates
from Thame in Oxfordshire, England, UK.
He is the author of the Gothic/Historical fiction novel The Man Behind the Glass and the illustrated novella The Maidenswell Folly. Greg’s work as a historical researcher has seen him present (and research for) family history programmes on television for both the BBC and ITV channels. He has taught family history (and horticulture, in his younger days) and featured on national and local radio stations, answering questions and giving advice on family history and the historical landscape.
He has written many articles for various magazines on subjects as diverse as local history, dating and archiving old photographs, and the history of woodland and ancient trees in the landscape. Greg is also a published poet and a designer of largely black and white prints for book covers, posters and CDs
1. Are you working on another book?
Yes, "The Movement of Light"
2. What is your preferred genre?
Historical Gothic Fiction
3. What do you love most about writing in your genre?
Expressing my imagination and embracing my love of mystery, history and the natural world.
4. What gives you inspiration for your books?
A huge variety of things, such as the historical landscape, gardens, creatures, exploration, passage of time.
5. Of all the characters you have created, which is your favourite?
Too many to choose, no one favourite.
6. What character in your book are you least likely to get along with?
Rick Best, a persistant reporter for the "The Star newspaper" in the book i am writing called "The Movement of Light, a Victorian Gothic and suspense mystery tale
7. What is the biggest surprise that you experienced by becoming a writer?
How many other people seem to like it ;)
8. What has been the best compliment?
People getting impatient for my next story/novel
9. Tell us a little about your plans for the future?
After i have finished the novel that i am writing now, i intend to take a break from writing novels and concentrate on writing short stories. I have so many ideas for stories i wish to take to fruitation.